for heart attack:
1. Have the person sit down, rest, and try to keep calm.
2. Loosen any tight clothing.
3. Ask if the person takes any chest pain
medication for a known heart condition.
4. Help the person take the medication (usually nitroglycerin
, which is placed under the tongue).
5. If the pain does not go away promptly with rest or within 3 minutes of taking nitroglycerin, call for emergency medical help
6. If the person is unconscious and unresponsive, call 911 (or your local emergency number), then begin CPR.
7. If an infant or child is unconscious and unresponsive, perform 1 minute of CPR, then call 911.