What to do if broken finger didn't heal properly ?

2 weeks ago I broke my finger and went to the ER to get it checked out. The doctor told me to keep it wrapped/splinted for 2 weeks and then take it off. He said no follow-up unless I noticedd anything strange or it was still bothering me. Today I unwrapped it and everything felt fine although there was still some bruising. I later noticed that when I try to straighten my finger that it bends backwards kind of like I m double jointed but it wasn t like that before. My finger is still I little bit sore but I figured that it was just from not being able to move it for so long. Why does it bend backwards like this? Did it maybe not heal properly? Should I be going to my doctor to have it checked out?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query
My advice for you would be go back to the ER and discuss about to have it strapped/splinting it for another 2 weeks .Take diet which support early bone healing like calcium and vitamin D which are present in milk and milk products.