What to do for pain in eye due to injury caused by an accident ?

In a mishap today, the zipper-end metal tab snapped up and smacked into my open eye with some force. Quite apart from the pain when it happened, all day my eye has felt as if there were a grain of sand in it (perhaps a scratched cornea or sclera?), it hurts a good bit , and my husband tells me there is a small greyish discoloration on the sclera toward the outside (temple-side) surface. My vision is NOT blurred, however. Is this enough to indicate I should go in to see an opthalmologist, or should I give it time to resolve as a mere inconsequential though painful bruise? (It s after-hours, now ...)
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012