What steps should I take to make my mind more alert ?

Hello Doc, I have a huge problem, I have a tendency to turn off my alarm clock, without even knowing it at times. Usually I set up my alarm clock at 5 am to wake up and study, but by turning off the alarm I cannot wake up on time. I have moved my alarm clock away from my side of the bed, to the other side, so that if I have to turn it off, I ll have to physically move to do, but clearly I am able to do turn it off completely and not have any recollection of it. I also have an alarm set up on my cell phone, which i keep next to my pillow but even that I am able to turn it off. I really need some help in finding a way to acknowledge the fact that I am actually turning off the phone or the actual alarm and than find a way to actually wake up and get out of the bed. PLEASE HELP!
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
It seems that you are not getting enough sleep and rest for your body.If you want to wake up at 5o'clock in the morning then you must go to bed by 9.30p.m.If your body does not get enough of rest even getting up early in the morning will not help you in studies.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Dr. Tayal, what are you saying is absolutely correct, that I should go to bed at 9:30pm in order to wake up on time. My main concern is, how is it that I am able to turn off the alarm without having any recollection of it? When I finally do wake up, I cannot even remember hearing the alarm ring. What can I do mentally or physically that will allow me to realize that I am turning off the alarm.