What step should i take after getting a positive biopsy result of lymph node cancer ?

My 71y.o.father-in-law is 5 9 , weighs approximately 166 after losing 25 lbs in less than 6 mos. He appeared to be in good health with the exception of controlled diabetes . He began with lose of appetite/weight, weakness/fatigue, problems with erection , fever of 103, swollen leg/ankle, and eventually blood in his urine. He showed his family doctor a swollen area under his arm a year prior to this. The doctor stated it was a fatty deposit. He recently had a lymph node biopsy, having it removed, it was the size of a tangerine. The surgeon said that he does have cancer . We will go to get the exact results on Thursday. What questions should we ask the doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Aug 2011