Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Heartburns are caused due to Acid Reflux
. Depending on the age, age more than 40 yrs need to undergo an Upper GI endoscopy
to rule out any systemic causes. So it would be better to see a Gastroenterologist and get completely evaluated and get treated accordingly.
Meanwhile you can follow these measures:
1. Drink lots of fluids like water and fruit juices
2. Consume small amount of food frequently on regular intervals
3. You can take antacids or Proton pump
inhibitors which are available Over the counter.
4. Avoid spicy and fatty food.
5. Avoid smoking
and alcohol consumption
6. Follow regular Physical exercises.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a good health.