What should be the treatment for a one year old having heart murmur with a bigger heart ?

Hi Doctors, my baby s doctor has detected heart murmur so she referred us to a cardiologist , the cardiologist told us that it was a congenital heart disease and that there was a little problem on the valve - left top side of the heart which he could not identify exactly as his echo machine needs to be repaired... (we will have to go back after reparation), he told us that 6 month later she will do the same diagnosis and if it increases/decreases (i don t remember exactly), they will open the valve with a tube, no need of a surgery. My question is what can cause this kind of problem, is it related to rubella (i read somewhere...) if so, should my baby be checked to find out if she is infected by rubella virus and take medication to get rid of it? The heart murmur has been detected at the age of 3 month old before that her previous doctors did not say anything about murmur when she went for a regular check up. She is now 1 year old and we just recently went to the cardiologist. Also, on the X-Ray result, the cardiologist said that her heart was a little bit bigger that the normal size, especially at the bottom. Please advise from your experience.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012