What should be done to have a good memory ?

I was a distinction student through my academics. When I was doing post graduation, my father deceased and I had to take care of the family and went through many problems. For a year I did nothing and then I joined medical transcription and working for the last 6 years. The problem is that I do not remember many things that I read and watch. Even sometimes, I forget where I placed my mobile phone. These small small issues are bothering me a lot. Why is my memory so poor now? How can I be as I was before? Please advise.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Aug 2011
First clarify if you are fogetting after you do the activities with absolute concentration or is it just that the activities you do habitually that you forget. With age and increase in reponsibilties people are mostly preoccupied by higher level activities because of which they fail to focus on simple things that is done habitually. Increased stress level further adds to the intensity of the problem. But in rare cases it may be some physiological disorder also. so first consult a clinical psycholgist to evaluvate your attention and concentration, stress levels and memeory quotient using standedized tests. then decide about what intervention should be done to overcome this problem

Clinical Psychologist
General & Family Physician Dr. Sunil Shah's  Response
hi, this is not a memory problem but a lack of do yoga & dhyn practice everyday for 30 min.u will find a great change.