The signs and symptoms of paracetamol toxicity occur in three phases. The first phase begins within hours of overdose, and consists of nausea, vomiting, pallor, and sweating. However, patients often have no specific symptoms or only mild symptoms in the first 24 hours of poisoning.
The second phase occurs between 24 and 72 hours following overdose and consists of signs of increasing liver damage,acute kidney failure or multiple organ dysfunction syndrome
The third phase follows at 3 to 5 days, and is marked by fulminant hepatic failure
with complications of coagulation defects, hypoglycemia, kidney failure, hepatic encephalopathy
, cerebral edema
, sepsis, multiple organ failure, and death.
Treatment is with gastric lavage and the procedure can be performed within 60 minutes of ingestion activated charcoal is used. N-acetylcysteine
or NAC, works to reduce paracetamol toxicity.
The risk typically increases 2 days after overdose.
You should consult a gastroentrologist immediately & get him admitted in the hospital.