What should be done for my 11 month old to sleep during night time ?

My son does not sleep for long time during night time My son going to be 9 months. What we noticed is, he does not sleep well during night timings, I saw a article which say that normally children that are 8-9 months old, sleep around 11-12 hours in night and 2-3 hours in day time. My son s day time sleeping schedule is OK as he takes 2-3 naps (fixed 1 hour each) but he does not sleep well during night. He goes to bed around 10:00 PM and he keeps on waking after each hour. And now a days he started waking up at 1:00AM and he plays for abound 2 hours then sleeps that too not continuously as he keeps on waking up after each hour. And finally he gets up by 7:00 AM morning. Overall I would say he does not sleep more than 5 hours in night timings. So I was wondering whether it is really OK if he sleeps for 5 hours in night time? How can we make him to sleep for more hours as he disturb me and his mom during night timings. I also realized that he does not feel any pain or some thing so that he can t sleep or some thing because, he just wanted to play during night timings also. Please provide your suggestions. --Narendra
Asked On : Tue, 20 Dec 2011