What should a diabetic in her fifties do to stop her periods which occur once in four months since she is getting symptoms of menopause ?

I am a 55year old diabetic. I am now on insulin for about 6 months. For the past 3 years I am showing signs of menopause but my periods have not stopped. Every four to six months since the past 3 years I am meeting the gynaecologists and taking medicines on and off. I even underwent a D&C last year. None of these helped. Now for the past four five months, I have had periods with bleeding as if it is from a fresh wound . I have lost a bit of weight also over the last two years. Please suggest what course of action I need to take.
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011