What should I take to get periods as I am not pregnant ?

I have irregular period for 2 takes 55 days... Now it is 80th day I am not getting my period. I done home preg test. It came negative... What to do
Asked On : Mon, 1 Aug 2011

Welcome to HCM.
The best approach is to wait for the period to come. When it comes, the very next day you should consult a Gynecologist, so that they may start infertility treatment as well as do the necessary investigations, including ultrasound Study and semen analysis of your husband.
It is unwise to take drugs to get the periods, since if you are already pregnant when you take those drugs then you will have to suffer lot of anxiety.
Same above problem today I went to doctor.. They gave injection and ask me to take regestrone 5 gm tablet for 3 days...any problem will happen? I took 2 tablets only.. Whether I have to continue or not... Please reply... I am confused
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
There, since you have already started taking the tablets, it is better to continue the treatment rather than causing hormonal imbalance. Though it was an unwise decision, now there is no point in stopping mid-way.
Continue with the treatment as advised and hope for the best.