Lower your high blood pressure
If you have high blood pressure, you may be able to lower or keep your high blood pressure down. Practice these steps.
-Maintain a healthy weight.
-Be more active every day.
-Eat fewer foods high in salt and sodium.
-Cut back on alcoholic beverages.
You may also need medicine to lower your high blood pressure. Tell your doctor about any medicine you are already taking.
Follow these tips if you take medicine:
- Take your medicine the way your doctor tells you. To help you remember, plan to take your medicine at the same time every day.
- Tell the doctor right away if the medicine makes you feel strange or sick. The doctor may make changes in your medicine.
- Make sure you don¹t miss any days. Refill your prescription before you use up your medicine.
- Have your blood pressure checked often to be sure your medicine is working the way you and your doctor planned.
- Don¹t stop taking your medicine if your blood pressure is okay--that means the medicine is working.-