What should I do as I knocked a beginning cyst and it is bleeding a lot ?

I am a 32 year old woman in generally good health but for several months I have had a small lump on my forehead which started as a patch of dry skin and then grew. I spoke to a doctor when it was sore and he said it was a benign cyst and that it should just be left alone. Today I knocked it by accident and it bled lots. Something see through and jelly like came out in a few small pieces and the wound bled and was very wet almost watery. Does this sound normal?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Aug 2011