What should I do about my BP at 150/86 ?

My Dr. says he will check in 3 month and may have to take medication. Any help or advice ? Which is bad, the upper or the lower number ? both?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
150/86 mmHg or practically 150/90 mmHg is defined as
Hypertension. you get to your Doc and ask for a proper
work up including etiology look up if under 35 years of age
and mind you it is an urgent matter so it should be ASAP
not something when you are free, meanwhile, eat low salt foods, do not add salt to your food, drink plenty of water
at least walks till you sweat for 4-6 hours a week, sleep
for 8 hours minimum/day.

Both!! Your really close to pushing the upper limit too! You need to be on Blood pressure pills now!... My Dr told me to stay at 140/30's....Mine was 200/92.. Now its 138/36 and fluctuates up to the upper 50s .. anything higher than 140 is starting to be dangerous and you can have a stroke from it at 160 up...Bottom reading at 90 or above is life threatening (heart attack)! I'm 68... 6' 2" 310lb a Right leg amputee, lost my leg due to a truck wreck in 1996, but didn't loose the leg until 2002 from a staph infection I got in the hospital when they put in a artificial knee ( I was a trucker for 30 years).. I was 215 lbs when I lost my leg.. Being in a wheelchair for the last 6 plus years, Ive gained this Extra Weight and have to watch my food intake everyday! I'm now taking two types of Blood pressure pills every morning, and 4 cholesterol pills at night along with other Med's ....."Stay healthy, You only get one trip to Earth"...;) And...Get a Second Opinion from another Dr...If you can!