What problems other than tinnitus can be caused to the ears ?

Dear Sir. I am 30. I have tinnitus for past 14 years. Since childhood i used to suffer from frequent severe colds. My ears used to block during colds and come to normal once cold is gone. I also had the habit of drinking ice cold water. 2 days before onset of my tinnitus during April 1997, my ears blocked for 3 days. had a pain during third day followed by Tinnitus. Since then i used to feel a blocked feeling in my ear at times. I was examined for nasal polyps during 1997 and also in 2005. Polyp in right ear Left ear. Several hearing tests done for the past 14 years. My hearing is normal. OAE s present. I have stopped taking cold items( cold water, cold drinks ...) and have been taking steam inhalation regularly with 5 drops of eucalyptus oil put in to it for the past 1 month. I could feel the difference. MY tinnitus intensity lowered. Can you please advice me what could be the possible problem with my ears.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Nov 2011