What precautions can be taken to permanently avoid frequent cold and nappy rash in an infant?

I adopted a new born baby, who was fed on Lactogen for 1st 7days & was admitted to NICU for 8 days due to severe infection (symptoms vomitting & losses). Ever since, she has had a chest congestion / breathing problem (or wheezing ). Needs at least 2-3 visits to the doc in a month. Even during summer months she had the chest congestion & cud not be given curd etc, which people around me told to give her to increase the immunity of the child. She is otherwise a very cheerful child but keeps on having bronchital probs. Doc said, it may be some kind of allergy , which may be known only after observing her over the period. She has been prescribed, Mucolite, Levollin, Tminic, Sinarest, & many other antibiotic suspension medicines with Budasol naboliser. I really wish her health is taken care of at this age, that she does nt suffer when she grows up. She is now going to be 15 months & keeps on also getting nappy rashes . she was adv. eezzy nappy cream with every diaper change, but still the reddishness persisted. she was adv. HH Sone & then HH Fudic. Can u pse help with some precautions that can be taken to avoid this cold & nappy rashes permanantly.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012