What precaution we need to take for pregnancy prevention ?

I am 27 years old and I am getting married in February 2011. i don t want children till one year. what precaution we need to take care.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Jan 2011
Hi. Welcome To Healthcaremagic

1. your husband can use condom
2. You can use female condom
3. Use can use a diaphragm or a cervical cap
3. You can use birth control pills
4. You can use vaginal contraceptive ring
5.The hormone shot is an injection (typically in your arm). You have to visit your doctor for each shot. One shot prevents pregnancy for 3 months.
6.The hormone implant is a thin, flexible piece of plastic that is about the size of a matchstick. Your doctor inserts the implant under the skin of your upper arm. One implant prevents pregnancy for up to 3 years, but your doctor can remove the implant at any time.

Regards, Dr. Jagdish
  Anonymous's Response
Using birth control pills will cause any side effects?
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Hi. Welcome to Healthcaremagic

some of the common birth control pill side effects include but are not limited to:
Breast tenderness and enlargement
Breakthrough bleeding and spotting between periods
Nausea and vomiting
Changes in your eyes that make it more difficult to wear contact lenses
Changes in sex drive (typically a decrease).

Regards, Dr. Jagdish