What methods are there to avoid pregnancy other than condoms ?

gud aftnun sir....i was recently married, i dont want for 2 more years,what r d precautions i need to take? except using condam how could we prevent pregnancy? i heard there is some calculations to avoid could you explain clear to me?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Hi Ramakrishna,

Welcome to HCM.
The chance of getting pregnant is approximately 14th day of menstrual cycle, 1st day being the first day of bleeding.
First week from starting of period and last week before next period is called safe period when chance of getting pregnant is extremely low.
Usually chance of pregnancy is from 12th day to 18th day of period. Avoid these days for intercourse.
Another method which is not very reliable, is withdrawing the penis just before ejaculation, so that ejaculation occurs out side the vagina.
Best is to have intercourse during safe period.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
One can not be very sure about safe periods -as the menstrual cycle may change after marraige, according to season.

If you realy intend to postpone pregnancy for 2 yrs. ,you should go for IUD like cu T on 5th or 6th day of your menstual cycle after internal check up by a gynacologist.

-get it regularly followed by internal check up & medicines if needed.

-you can remove it few mths prior to conception.&after an expert consultation you can plan your preg. after that.