What medicines can be taken to relieve a stiff back ?

Hi, my wife is having a stiff back from last night and could not sleep for a single minute. She is a mother of 6 months old boy. The pain is so much that she is not able to sit down/bend or even lift the baby to feed him. Since today being a sunday we are not able to consult our regular doctor for advise. Request your valuable advise to prescribe some tablet for her to get releif for the pain. Her age is 30 and she is 5 feet tall and her weight is 48 kg.
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011
Hi, Harish ji,
I will ask one question weather your wife got any injury or trauma on the back ?
If there is no history she might have got stiffness of back muscles due to sudden change of side or lifting up of baby or sudden stand up while sleeping.
She should take tab Dan MR twice a day with milk or with full stomach.
Do hot fomentation,
If there is no improvement then consult orthopedic surgeon on Monday,
Ok and bye.