What medicine should a diabetic take for knee pain ?

my grandfather is 71 years old and he had diabetic for 30 years now he is suffering from knee pain so what is the good medicine for him?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Apr 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
knee pain may be due to osteoarthritic changes
paracetamol tablets will help reducing pain
it is better to consult physician and get a check up and follow advice

General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The pain in knee can be due to age related arthritic changes.Also since your grandfather is diabetic there will be degenerative changes of nerves so the treatment for him should include pain killer and calcium supplements and most importantly he should take multivitamins especially a combination of multivitamin with Methylcobalamine .It will help reduce pain and he will feel better consult your doctor about this before starting.