What medicine should I take to postpone the periods and what should be the right dosage since I have irregular periods ?

I am Anitha age 28 years i have a baby girl of one and half year. My problem is irregular periods. I have consulted a doctor near my home she gave me MODUS 10mg to use for 20 days I have used it but still I didn t get my period suddenly I have to arrange a function in my home I am worried if I get date on those days I spoke to my doctor she told me to continue the same tablets till the function is over my question is will I GET DATE WHEN I AM IN FUNCTION THOUGH I USE TABLETS SHE ALSO TOLD MY ET is 6mm what does it mean?
Asked On : Wed, 4 May 2011