What medicine should I take to get periods ?

hi Doctor i have missed my periods, i have done the pregancy test , its negative , how can i get the periods
Asked On : Fri, 17 Jun 2011
Hello sailu ;
welcome to HeathcareMagic
The pills given at such times are hormonal pills.The system is to increase the hormonal level for 5 days with pills and the stop so once the pills are stopped the blood levels of hormones fall drastically giving rise to bleeding of periods which in medical language we call it withdrawal bleeding.This is the scientific process in short.As for the bleeding it can happen between 8-10 days also so please wait and see and if there is no periods then you need examination and investigation for which you have to personally meet the Gynaecologist.I can advise pills but hormonal pills are same so you don't worry as it has to be taken as a course once only.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi sailu;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Periods can get delayed or missed due to hormonal imbalance and even pregnancy.If you have missed periods and the pregnancy test is negative please consult a doctor and get prescribed tablets which you will have to take for 5 days and then after finishing the tablets you will get periods in a week.