What medicine should I take for rapid heart palpitations ?

sir palipatation proublame my heart dug dug beating please tell me medicine
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Hi santosh,

Welcome to HCM.
Palpitation should not be taken lightly. Occasional palpitation arising out of stress and anxiety situations is okay.
Persisting palpitation requires thorough examination, by a cardiologist. It could be due to various heart problems including valvular diseases.
Consult a cardiologist and if indicated you may need to have an echocardiography done.
Cardiologist Dr. Saeed Ahmed's  Response

Thank you for your question.
Palpitations can be due to heart arrythmias or abnormal heart rhythm.
If you also have episodes of black outs and dizziness along with these palpitations then this is an emergency and needs as soon as possible visit to the emergency department.
I hope this helps.