What medicine should I take for headache ?

Dear Doctor , Weekly twice or thrice i have got troubled with headache & i have not taken any medicine at all, very rarely or at the end i prefer paracitamol otherwise none. Why this is ache happening? How to avoid? or how to react? What is remedy? Sir, please help this regard- Ramesh @ 38 yrs, Male. (I have been working in the computer everyday more than 12 hours, i must work, i.e., my nature of job.)
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011
Hi ramesh,
Your headache is likely to be related to the nature of your work. Here are some of the things which can help you:
1. Take short breaks after every 30 to 40 minutes of work. Stare at a distant object so that your eyes get some relaxation after looking at computer screen continuosly.
2. Also, get up from your seat and move around during the breaks to relax the muscles of your body.
3. Do not compromise on sleep hours (minimum of 7-8 hours/day)
4. Do not skip meals. Have food regularly at the same time everyday.
5. Do deep breathing exercises or yoga (if you know) on a daily basis.
6. Include atleast 30 min of physical activity in your daily schedule.

All these require you to manage your time efficiently. If the problem persists, then consult a psychiatrist who can help you overcome your problem.