What medicine should I take for black pigmentation on skin ?

Asked On : Thu, 6 Oct 2011
Welcome to HCM.
Pigmentation on the cheeks can be caused by using hair dye, drug reaction, allergy to chemicals applied to skin or intestinal problem.
Best would be to consult a dermatologist and let him examine and evaluate the condition.
Wish you all the best.
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
your problem could be allergy or a marker of skin disease or hormonal disorder.The fact that peels have worsened it points more in favour of allergy.The most important thing you can do is to avoid sun exposure, and avoid any cream or bleach application . Have a balanced diet or multivitamins supplement, drink plenty of water and exercise daily or practice yoga.You should consult a dermatologist specialising in cosmetology and undergo few blood tests and skin biopsy to know the exact diagnosis and start treatment.
Thank you