What medicine can i take in severe cold and fever ?

Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You are having probable respiratory tract infection. Do you have any chest pain, any sputum while coughing. What is the colour of the sputum. It is best that you do steam inhalation for now. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. You can take Paracetamol 500mg, 3 tablets a day every 6 hours, under medical supervision for relief of fever. It is best you get examined by your Doctor to rule out sinusitis, lung infection which needs good antibiotic treatment which can be given only after thorough checkup.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear Asha ji
This appears to be viral infestation . start with sline gargles to soothe the throat. Amongst herbal medicines. Tab. Mritunjaya ras 1 bd. tab A flu cil forte 1 BD and kanth sudharak tablet to be sucked. Avoid spicy sour and cold things.
Homeopath Dr. Anshita Singh Rathore's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

Please visit a dr personally, who can examine you, espcially auscultate your chest. If the phlegm/sputum is yellow/green you may need medicaiton. If its whitish/watery then the treatment is different.

For coryza/cold best treatment is steam inhalation. Rest, plenty of water/soups/juices are required.

For fever paracetamol can be taken , as and when fever comes.

Or you may see a homeopath in your vicinity. Please avoid self-medication.

For further enq-