What medicine can I take to stop fainting during periods ?

15 year old, menstruation causes fainting , physician says low bp and to increase sodium intake, what other things can help this symptom?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
Thank you for choosing health care magic. Your condition could be because of low blood pressure as your physician. But low hemoglobin will aggravate the problem. Get your complete blood cell count. If you have low hemoglobin start taking iron supplements. Jaggery is the rich source of iron. Keep yourself hydrated and have a nutricious diet. Take the advise from your physician as well.

OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
The menstrual bleeding is not so acute so as to cause immediate low B.P. you must be having low haemoglobin, anaemia alongwith. You need to take iron supplements and high protein diet to recover. Alongwith take plenty of fluids during your periods.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal