What medication should be taken for cold and cough ?

I have take cetrizine today. But still I have running nose and sore throat . Somebody prescribed AAAAAAA Is it ok or some alternative is to be taken
Asked On : Thu, 16 Feb 2012
Dentist, Endodontics 's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM forum, cetrizine is an anti-allergic, it won't treat your sore throat or infection. your problem states infection ,therefore cetrizine won't help.
it is just a preventive measure, i would like to inform you to consult your concerned doctor , take antibiotics prescribed by the doctor. A course of 3-5 days will resolve your problem completely.
i wish you good health.

Anonymous's Response
Good afternoon dear Sandeep,
If you are a constant victim of running nose and sore throat, then CELIN is a good choice as it is but a Vit-C supplement. But Cetrizine for a long period is not going to do good to your body as it is an anti-allergic drug which acts by suppressing your immune system. For a one-time use, it is OK, but for a longer period, you have to look for other alternatives like doing breathing exercise daily to improve your respiratory capacity and also to keep your respiratory passage healthy. Also you can adopt some methods to improve your overall health which has a direct impact on your conition. For an instant relief, you can try using vibhuti mixed with warm water made into a paste and apply it over your nose upto the cheeks. You should avoid taking cold drinks, headbath and also taking curd. Try the vibhuti bhasma combination for an instance, you will definitely see its effect. Its completely scientific.
Dr.Prem Shankar A C
ENT Specialist Dr. Bhanoo Prakash Verma's  Response
wellcome to HCM. Take Tab. AZITHRAL 500mg once a day empty stomach, Tab. SINAREST three times a day after meal, saline gargles, all 4 three days.