What medication can effectively treat melasma ?

what madecine we use for melasma?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Hi its msjahan im single im 24 years old my skin is look very damiged coses of melasma in this condition i want ask how to clean melasma on my face or what should i do for this ?
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Melasma is caused y an overactivity of melanin producing cells- melanocytes. To decrease their activity, there is no specific medicine but we can reduce their further activity by avoiding exposure to sun. Use a good sun screen or you can go for a Laser based procedure for complete cure.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal