What medication can I take for foot fungal infection ?

what could i use to get rid of a nail fungus? its yellow thick and on my foot
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Dear Jenn thanks for choosing health care magic.See nail fungus needs proper diagnosis as treatment is first get it confirmed by your doctor.Anti fungal drugs are needed for at least 6 months.So before starting them diagnosis is must.In mean time avoid immersing your hands in water all the time.Wipe and dry them immediately after contact with water.ok buy,take care.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
Jenn ,you need both topical and oral anti fungal treatment.Oral preparation could be either itraconazole or terbinafin tablets...they are the best...Topical preparation can be amlorfin nail laquer which needs to be applied over nails once a wk for 6 months atleast.This would give you best relief.
take care,