What medication can I take for dry lips where the skin peels off ?

I have typical problem with my lips. I get a skin layer on my lips and it becomes dry and cracks, I tend to remove it because it looks very ugly and awkward if I dont remove and also it goes off after a week and starts coming again. After the lip layer has gone the lips become very red. This has become a big routine problem since 5-6 years. I tried to apply ghee, lip gels, honey etc, but of no use. Please tell me sir if there is some medicine available for my lip disorder, which will be useful for my problem.-my email-
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011