What measures should a hypertensive and diabetic take to overcome acute constipation ?

Hi I am suffering from acute constipation (hard stool and straining bowel) for 10 days. I eat plenty of fibre and green vegetables and moderate amount of raw unpeeled fruits along with drinking 10 glasses of water a day. Getting worse by the day. Need urgent help. I m a 47 year old male who has recently a month ago been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and my doctor has prescribed me gluconorm SR 300 mg two tablets a day. Also have high triglycerides and got non-alchoholic fatty liver for which I m taking Stanley fenofibrate 145 mg per day, 2 tablets of ursodiol tablets, Evion vitamin E 400 mg two tablets a day. Also take one tablet of teleact telmisartan 80 mg per day for my hypertension. And one tabler per day of aspirin at night.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012