What measures should I take to make my dark lips get lighter ?

Hello doctor i am sesham sowhardh.I am 18 years.Doctor, i wont smoke but my lips are black.i want my lips to be red.My friends and others are simply asking me that am i habituated to smoking as they see my lips which are very lower lip is red but my upeer lip is very dark.So doctor, i will be glad if you tell me some tips by which my lips become lighter or red.Thank u.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Hi!sesham sowhardh,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
Drak lips are usually genetic if not because of smoking.It would be difficult to change the color of lips.But you can try laser here.There are specific lasers for pigmentation like q-switched Nd:yag laser 1064nm which you can try for your lips.Doctors might not guarantee you the result but thats one way you can go ahead.
take care,