What measures can I take to prevent hair breakage post straightening ?

my age is 21 years, sir i m having curly hairs , before 5 years i putt on straightening ( wella straight - keune ) cream on my hairs it effects me a lot , at starting it was hair breakage and my hairs becomes in irregular shape , now my hairs are not completely curly like before , now it also start hair fall and density problem , my hairs are becoming less , and sometime when i m putting hand in my scalp i m feeling some tiny hairs in it,, please do some favor for me i will be very thank full
Asked On : Mon, 27 Feb 2012
hair fall due to straightening is a common occurance. if you are seeing broken shafts, means your is also probably dry.
Dryness can be tackled with use of mild shampoo, oiling the hairs before shampooing(so there is less damage to already brittle shaft); and conditioners.
In addition increase the intake of protein, iron, antioxidants in your diet to improve the new growth.
Taking a hair specific multivitamin supplement like biotin will also help you.

General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika's  Response
Breakage of hair, split ends,rough hair are all due to the chemical effects of hair straightening.You can use a good conditioner to minimize the effects .Also do not use any chemical products on hair, it will lead to hair fall sometimes even even leading to partial baldness.You will need to frequently oil your hair and use conditioners like Aubreys organic Honey suckle Rose conditioner.Wish you the best.