What kind of diet is suitable for a 5 year old child ?

hi my child is 5 years of age and what diet plan should be given Hi my child is 5 yrs male. what kind of diet chart should be given
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
Welcome to health care magic forum.
the diet plan for ur kid would be like any adult that is frequent meal pattern at regular intervals. you can give your child food/snacks/fruits every 2-3 hourly. the quantity of food depends on his appetite. u must try n involve all seasonal fruits and vegetables for ur child in his diet.
Also it would be easy to discuss with ur child about his likes n dislike and plan the menu beforehand so that there is no wastage :-)
along with all the foods and nutritious food u need to keep ur child active by involving him in some games or activities.

Happy Parenting :-)
Hi Purnima ,
The diet plan for your kid will depends on the his current height , weight and the activity level .There may be various diet plans for him based whether he is taking part in sports or he is more involved in normal indoor activities.
For a normal healthy kids major part of calories should not come from saturated fats like butter ghee & vegetable oil,instead include more of proteins vitamins & minerals by adding variety of pulses ,fruits and vegetables.

General & Family Physician Dr. Prahlad S. Patki's  Response
What ever you are eating should be equally good for him. Eat together , it will help all of you. Every mother complaints that her child is not eating well. Children invariably eat which is sufficient for them. Never force food.