What is this yellow layer on the head of my penis ?

hi , i m 19 yo, i have found that i had a yellow layer on my penis head it covers it the bottom rim of my penis it gets cleared when i washed it,it regenerates.. often causes irritation when not washed but no pain
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The yellow layer on the penis between the glance(head of penis) and the skin over it is called smegma.It occurs in people who are not circumcised and is due to residue of few drops of urine & few drops of semen getting collected between the place.Keep cleaning & washing the area daily with water and you will not have any problems .Please don't worry.