What is this excess skin growth on my 6 year old sons cheeks which is red in color ?

Hi. 5months ago i noticed a spot on my 6 year olds cheek, it s since developed into something I ve not seen before. It has grown outward from his cheek and grown excess skin and looks as if it s a worm hanging off his cheek. It s length is about 4mm and it s still growing. The colour is reddish and is white/grey at the tip. Do you have any idea what it could be and will it stop growing, it doesn t cause any discomfort. Thanks x
Asked On : Sat, 29 Jan 2011