What is this brown and pink spotting after my periods ?

Hello, Im 20 yrs old & ended my period about 3, 4 days ago & today i been feeling kinda icky well i go to use the restroom & noticed brown blood & then i wiped & noticed light;y pink blood! what could this be?, Earlier this day i had taken 3 of my birth control , because i had missedit could this be why?
Asked On : Sun, 22 May 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
Yes there is more chance of bleed out brown after taking the birth control pills,It is important to remember that brown discharge is not always a sign of infection or a serious medical problem.In many cases changing birth control medication will stop brown discharge from occurring.

take care
for detail
OBGYN Dr. Reji. D's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
well it may be due to some hormonal variation by the ocp.some withdrawel bleeding nothing to worry it will stop byit self ,if repeated then consult a gyne and do a ultrasound scan & tsh