What is the white spot on the tonsil? Had bad cold and sore throat.

I have a white spot on my right tonsil about the size of a small pea. I had a bad cold about four weeks ago then a sore throat a week later. I noticed the white spot about three weeks ago and went to my Dr. and he said it was just the tonsils doing their job. I m worried now because it s been three weeks, I ve got an appointment to see my ENT in five days but I m freaked out. It doesn t hurt but I think it seems to itch a little bit once in a while. What could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012