What is the use of vit D2 and diovan ?

Hi, any idea as to why me doctor would order me to take vit D2 1.25mg(50000) AND diovan 160 mg after routine blood test thank you
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Welcome to Health Care Magic,
Vit D2 is given for treating rickets in children and osteomalacia in adultswhich leads to weakning and softening of bones.It may be due to low sun exposure.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
The Vitamin D could be due to the fact that the Doctor suspected less Vitamin D or calcium level in the body. Do you have upper body pain, muscle weakness. The Diovan is mainly given in reducing blood pressure and for certain heart conditions, which can promote diuresis.
first of all you should say why u went to the doctor what were ur problem .diovan is anti hypertension drug
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. The prescription of Vitamin D2 by your doctor is supposedly meant to cure low vitamin D levels or derranged calcium or phosphorus levels in body. Diovan is used for controlling hypertention. You must have a word with your doctor regarding the prescription of drugs and the need for it. Wish you good health.