What is the use of glycomet 500sr ?

sir my age is 22 female ,weight 70kg and i have consult to doctor so he advice me to take glycomet 500sr bd so it is safe for me or what can i do
Asked On : Tue, 30 Aug 2011
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
it contains metformin which is safe
you can take it without worry
along with try to do regular exercise and put diet modification
take care
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If your blood sugar is high as in Diabetes you can take this medicine. It has few side effects and causes more side effects if you have any kidney problem. Also avoid much rice, no sweets, less dosas and idlis as thy can increase blood sugar high. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Do daily brisk walking exercise as well.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.This drug I think should have been given to you by a gynecologist for Polycystic ovarian disease.In his disease the ovarian makes lots of follicle and they do not rupture and there is failure to release female egg.Without this you can not become pregnant.Please take this drug as per advise and maintain proper follow up with your doctor.
wishing you good health.

sir glycomet 500sr is given by dermatologist to loose weight so sir this drug is safe for me