What is the use of cetzine tablet ?

i was getting small red pimples on my face? my skin doctor prescribed me cetzine tablets...what is the use of this tablet? why is it given?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
welcome to healthcare magic forum
cetzine is one of antihistamin group of medicine used for the treatment allergic condition.

Thank you
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello sana;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The tablet prescribed by the doctor is a antihistaminic called cetrizine hydrochloride.It is a antiallergic so it is prescribed even for itching and redness due to allergic reaction due to use of any cream/medicine/insectbite or just a hypersensitive skin reaction.
In your case why it has been given your doctor will be the correct person to answer this.