What is the treatment for numb foot ?

I m 25 5ft 140lbs about the past month the arch in my left foot has been numb. I do have a job where I am on my feet for at least eight hours six days a week.could this be do to the shoes I wear,just being on my feet for so long. I ve been working jobs like this for a few yrs this is the first time I ve had this issue.what is your best suggestion for this issue.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Aug 2011
Numbness in the foot, called peripheral neuropathy, is caused by a lack of blood supply or some type of damage to the nerves. This numbness can be permanent or transient. Numbness is a lack of feeling in the foot that can be associated with a prickling sensation, pins and needles, or burning feelings in the foot called paresthesias. Permanent numbness in the feet can lead to problems with standing, walking and driving. Take long-term numbness in the foot seriously and report it immediately to a medical professional.
and if possible do not stand for long time .
thanks for using HCM forum
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response

Nice to hear from you

Long uniterupted standing for many years can disturb the arch leading to numbness.

First change the shoe ,if no relief consult orthopedic or neurologist.
Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest