What is the treatment for nasal bleeding ?

hi, my mom is suffering from nasal bleeding and due to that she is loosing blood a lot. what is the treatment for this may i know?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Anushasambari,

Please do consult a good ENT surgeon at the earliest as she requires an endoscopy to find out the cause of the bleeding. There are many reasons to cause bleeding from the nose, some of it are - hypertension, small aneurysms, acute infection, malignancy, etc.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
the reports of the patient reveal that she is suffering from a rare disease by name "OSLER WEBER RENDU SYNDROME" and because of that she is facing continuous nasal bleeding and anaemia. would you please suggest appropriate treatment for this rare syndrome???????????????
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

In this case you need to consult your ENT specialist for a thorough examination and cauterization of the bleeder. Some patients respond to estrogen therapy, which can reduce bleeding episodes, for this you need to consult your physician.

Dr. Naveen Kumar