What is the treatment for multifocal patchy area in brain and hyperintesity in periventricular white matter?

Recent MRI of brain states there are multifocal patchy areas of T1 Flair and hyperintesity in the periventricular white matter, a few of which appear pericallosal, for example series 3, images 6 & 7. There is a moderate burden of these lesions. Abnormal high signal is also noted in in a band like pattern about the 6th general capsule of the basal ganglia on the left. Also states there is a prominent T2/Flair signal change in the right perialtrial region... right periatrial region. Mile to moderate burden patchy perventricular white matter disease, nonspecific. Some of the lesions arepericallosal...possibiltiy of ms/demyelating diseas not excluded. I don t think the neurologist I went to thought that I was smart enough to ask the front desk a copy of my MRI rept....He didn t discuss any of this with me....He told me there were no changes, but then said he had nothing to compare the MRI to. Please note in 1992 it was noted that I had lesions....I was only 41 then, so I am thinking I probably even had lesions before I was 40...so it should not have been an age related situation...my email address: YYYY@YYYY . Thank you Regards Lori Langton
Asked On : Thu, 23 Jan 2014