What is the treatment for furuncle on thigh?

frequently getting furuncle on thigh ..tell me the appropiate treatment??i used anti biotics like ciproflixacin ,ofloxacilin but no one helped..
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
kindly do cbc/esr and blood sugar fasting/pp
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
furunculosis is a bacterial infection which can become recurrent as the bacteria gets settled deep inside skin & requires antibiotics .As all antibiotics have different ways of action & also not every antibiotic is effective against every organism;for example cipro/oflox act better in urinary tract ;chest;& gastro intestinal tract.So what you can do is get a pus culture & sensitivity ;this will help to find out the type of infecting organism & the best suited antibiotic required to treat it .But it will always be better to consult a doctor before doing this.