What is the treatment for enlarged adenoids of a 7 years old boy ?

My son, who is 7 years old, has enlarged adenoids after being diagnosed by an ENT specialist who had an X-Ray taken for him. We took him to see an ENT specialist because he snores at night and has trouble breathing through his nose. Since he is taking other medication the ENT specialist advised us to come back in a week s time, to put him on a medication, probably to see if his swelling responds to medication before a surgery to remove the adenoid is recommended. Question: Is there a way to pre-empt or minismise the adenoid from swelling in the first place through other supplements which will complement the adenoid in combating the bacterias, virus, etc that come through breathing. In addition, it is good to know if these enlarged adenoids are the cause of unhealthy activities or bad hygienic practice of my son? By the way, are there any side-effects on my son after an X-Ray is performed on him? Thanks Kelvin
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011