What is the treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis and injections for back pain ?

Hi, I have ankylosing spondylitis since 1998 when I was 17. HLAB27 tested positive in 1999. I take Sulfasalazine 1000mg twice daily and Indomethacin as pain killer. Of late, both my hip joints have developed very painful condition. However, my overall health is good and I maintain constant weight & swim exercise regularly, no bend in the backbone, less pain due to homeo medicines. One doctor recently suggested me to under go a new line of treatment involving a set of injections specially designed for backbone & auxilary joints costing around INR 400,000. Can someone suggest me about those injections and their effectiveness , benefits. Thanks in advance, Ujjwal
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011