What is the top end of normal blood pressure?

what is the top end of normal blood pressure these days.Please let me know asap. thanks?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Thanks for query,
Now a days we insist the blood pressure remain close to normal, i.e.120/80.
Ok and bye.
Your blood pressure levels will vary during the day and will normally be highest around lunchtime or after exercise and lowest when you are resting or sleeping. Blood pressure is quoted as 2 numbers, the first number known as systolic pressure, is the blood pressure during each heartbeat. The second, known as diastolic, is the blood pressure between beats. The guideline from the British Hypertension Society defines blood pressure of 130/85 or below as normal but say that 120/80 is the optimal. 140/90 is the level used to diagnose high blood pressure. If your blood pressure reading is consistently 140/90 or above this is considered high blood pressure and treatment may be required. The high blood pressure reading can be either a systolic reading of 140 or above, a diastolic reading of 90 or above, or both. I add a link to a chart to which you may identify medicine/blood-pressure.htm Hope this helps matador 89